Nov 5, 2008

Org Junkie's Monthly Organizing Round-Up


Well, I have to admit that I am not as organized as I used to be or want to be. I go through nesting phases where I have to stop everything and reorganize a closet or a room. There are many places in my house that could use a good clean sweep.

You may recognize the mention of the blog I'm an Organizing Junkie. I participate in her Menu Plan Monday on occasion and have recently been interested in another blog idea she hosts. It's called Org Junkie's Monthly Organizing Round-Up.

Each month, she calls out a particular space in the home. Participants usually take before and after photos of the space that they are organizing. Many times, she offers a giveaway to a winner. Last month, participants were asked to organize their craft/sewing rooms or spaces. I didn't participate, but was motivated by the before and after photos.

So, for the month of November, Org Junkie has announced that the Laundry Room will be the space of choice. This couldn't be a more perfect place for me to begin this Round-Up. You see, I don't mind doing laundry, but I hate putting it away, so I have a basket on top of the dryer that all the clean clothes have been going into and I pull stuff from it when I need them. This weekend, I pulled a sweater from the basket that had been there since last spring when I stopped wearing warm sweaters. I got a spider bite from a little spider that was hiding in the sweater, so I decided to rewash all the clothes in that basket, just in case! I keep all the extra cleaning supplies, paper products, lightbulbs, and other types of junk in the laundry room and I haven't reorganized since we moved in about 5 years ago... it's desperate!

You can join me and others by playing along with the Laundry edition of Org Junkie's Monthly Organizing Round-Up.

1 comment:

JessieLeigh said...

That story gave me the creepy-crawlies!! I DETEST spiders. I check every towel (even just washed ones) before I dry off because I'm terrified of finding one in there. Glad to hear it provided some motivation though! I'd probably go insane and start washing anything fabric in my home...