Oct 22, 2008

CVS Steal (oops, I mean DEAL!)

Sometimes I wonder how I ever lived without all these great blogs that taught me how to CVS. Yes, I'm using CVS as a verb. Don't laugh. Here was my most recent senario... done today on my lunch hour.

2.00 Reese Nutrageous Fun Size Candy Bars
2.00 Reese Peanut Butter Fun Size Cups
2.00 Kit Kat Fun Size Bars
2.49 Q-tips (375ct)
2.99 Desitin Ointment
2.99 Johnsons Baby Wash
2.99 Johnsons Baby Wash
2.99 Johnsons Baby Wash
2.99 Johnsons Baby Wash
2.99 Johnsons Baby Wash
2.99 Johnsons Baby Wash
2.79 Huggies Wipes (64 ct)
2.79 Colgate Total Whitening Toothpaste
0.00 Colgate Total Whitening Toothpaste (Buy one, get one free!)
0.99 Gold Emblem Candy (Dum-Dum Suckers) - we can get Addy "eat" these!
0.99 Gold Emblem Candy (Dum-Dum Suckers)
---------
$36.98 Subtotal (before taxes)
-$5.00 off of a $30.00 purchase (got from the price check kiosk when I scanned my CVS card)
-$1.98 off of two Gold Emblem Candy ($2.00 but adjusted down to actual price)
-$3.00 off wyb 3 Johnson's products (from recent coupon insert)
-$3.00 off wyb 3 Johnson's products (from recent coupon insert)
-$1.00 off Desitin coupon (probably from some baby mailing?)
-$0.30 off Q-tips (from recent coupon insert)
-$1.00 off wyb 3 Reese's fun size candy bags (from recent coupon insert)
-$1.00 off Colgate Total (from recent coupon insert)
-$1.00 off Colgate Total (from recent coupon insert)
----------
$19.70 Subtotal (before taxes)
-$10.00 ECB (earned from completing a CVS online survey)
-$2.58 ECB (earned from hubby purchasing 2 bags of Brach's candy corn on Monday)
-$2.00 ECB (can't remember what this one is from... maybe toothpaste?)
-$4.50 ECB (earned from quarterly spending)
----------
$0.62 Subtotal (before taxes)
$0.62 Sales Tax
-----------
$1.24 TOTAL OOP

EARNED $10.00 ECB for the Q-tips, Huggies, Desitin, Johnson's, Similac, or Gerber Deal (needed to spend $25 to earn $10).

Although I spent $19.08 in ECB, I was ok becuase these were items we needed anyways, and now I still have $10 to spend next time.

I had planned on getting 4 boxes of kleenex for $0.89 each - (4) $0.40 coupons, but they were all out. I also wanted to pick up the Excedrin that was on sale for $1.99 and use the $2.00 off coupon I have, but they were out. I'll stop by the CVS near my house and if they don't have it, I'll ask for a rain check so I can get them next week for the sale price and still use my coupons.
Luckily my new work cell phone has a calculator on it, so I was able to rework the deals in the store after they were missing items from my original plan.

6 comments:

JessieLeigh said...

Very nice! Isn't it the best when you get so stocked up on stuff you actually USE?

(I must confess I'm a tad jealous of your survey opp... I signed up for that thing almost a year ago but they don't want me, I guess! Ha!)

Those baby deals are some of my faves that CVS does.

Ryann said...

jessieleigh - this was my second CVS survey. You might try signing up again... I know the first one I did was about special needs kids and the second was comparing the CVS ad to the Walgreens ad. $10 each time. CVS changed their website recently, so you may want to make sure your info is updated too.

The baby deals are great, but usually Huggies. Addy wears Pampers, so that's a bummer. Sometimes they are too good to pass up, so I buy the Huggies and she'll wear them, we just don't find they fit the best for her.

nicole green said...

are you kidding me!?!! you are like the CVS shopping queen!! way to go! :) my mom is going to love this post. :)

in other news, i saved a little over $20 in coupons at meijer today. YEAAAH!

Anonymous said...

If you like free stuff, this site has giveaways. You can enter about nineteen of them as of today. They're all free.

http://toastyposts.blogspot.com

Tara said...

Great job! I love CVSing.

Amy said...

I seriously must get on this CVS bandwagon. There's not one real close to me. So I'm more of a Walgreen's woman. But I can be bought...