Oct 16, 2008

Thirsty Thursday


CAUTION!!! THIS ONE CONTAINS ALCOHOL!!!

This year, Nick and I will be attending our friends' annual Halloween Party. In the past, these parties have been known to get crazy and VERY entertaining! Everyone shows up in costume... and it's all couples - married couples at that, but we still party like we're in college! Last year we were unable to attend due to Addyson's health. This year, we are not missing it. I'm planning my costume and hubby is still thinking of his. Everyone always brings some type of dish to share and drinks too. These aren't your typical beer guzzlers... we have a more interesting palette. I thought I'd bring the makings for these Carmel Apple Martini's. Here is the recipe.(photo above courtesy of mbm951)
CARMEL APPLE MARTINI
  • 2 fluid ounces best-quality vodka
  • 1 fluid ounce sour apple schnapps
  • 1/2 fluid ounce butterscotch schnapps
  • 1 cup crushed ice
  1. Combine vodka, schnapps, and crushed ice in a shaker. Shake vigorously to chill. Pour into martini glass, garnish with dried apple, and serve. Makes 1 serving.
Next week I'll be posting an "interactive" drink that we've had at previous Halloween parties.

Want to share a favorite drink recipe... don't be shy. Maybe it's a milkshake or a punch recipe. Or maybe your favorite hot cocoa drink. Write a post on your blog and link it here. I can't wait to see what you are all drinking!

2 comments:

JessieLeigh said...

This sounds like it would be tasty and pretty! Not sure I'd be brave enough to try it-- had a bad apple pucker experience back in my college days. : )

Amy said...

I'm not generally a martini girl, but Carmel Apple Martini might make me a convert!