Sep 19, 2008

Frugal Fridays

Run, don't walk to your nearest CVS.

Purex laundry detergent is on sale (orig price $5.99) for $2.99 and earns $1 ECB.

There was a coupon in Smart Source from Sunday 9/14 for Purex. It was $1 off when you buy two ANY Purex. I had two of these coupons. One from my paper and one from Nick's grandma's paper (she saves these for me each week!).

You'll need to print out a coupon from here at iheartcvs.com. Download the second one on the page (it's a pdf) and print it out (you can print black and white).

Go to CVS and buy 4 bottles of Purex (look for the ones that have 20% more in the bottle for an even sweeter deal). Make sure to hand over your CVS extra care card. Hand them the $2/$10 coupon first then the two coupons from Smart Source.

My total was less than the ECB I had to spend, so I threw in two candy bars that were 2/0.99.

I paid with a $5 ECB and a $4 ECB and $0.14 OOP. I earned $4ECB to spend on my next transaction.

So, I look at it this way, since I spent $9 ECB but earned $4 ECB, I'm out $5 ECB plus 14cents for 4 bottles of Purex and two candy bars. Not a bad deal at all.

Now if I could just get CVS to come put my clean laundry away for me...

Join in the frugalness over at Biblical Womanhood. Well, it looks like Crystal isn't hosting a Frugal Friday since they are working on the website, but feel free to click on the word "frugalness" above and see her past Frugal Friday posts.

2 comments:

Jyl @ MommyGossip said...

I need to stop by here every Friday. My hubbie will love me.

Saw you over on Mama Koala's site. Glad I dropped by. I think I have been here before. I recognize and love your design. The bird is soooo cute :).

nicole green said...

your shopping skills are out of control! :) you're my hero.