Sep 25, 2008

Thirsty Thursday



With fall now settling in, I love the crisp cool air in the mornings and the warm sunny afternoons. Fall is my favorite season, the one I met my husband in, the one we married in, the one I look forward to for the rest of the year. I long for the day I can put on a sweater and boots. I crave all things apple and pumpkin. Since I shared the Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe with you all last week, I thought I'd share an apple drink recipe with you this week. It's not your typical hot cider... nope, it's an Apple Cider Float, yep, FLOAT! It's still not quite chilly enough here in Indiana for hot cider, so I thought this was the perfect way to use all that fresh apple cider from the orchard and the farm market. I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com and I think it's top notch. No prep work or waiting, just a simple recipe that your entire family can enjoy. The link to the recipe for those of you who want more details is here. Otherwise, feel free just to follow these simple directions:

Apple Cider Floats

Serves 2

Ingredients

  • 4 (1/4 cup) scoops ice cream
  • 2 cups fresh apple cider
  • sprinkle of cinnamon

Directions

  1. Place two scoops of ice cream into each glass. Pour 1 cup of apple cider into each glass, sprinkle with cinnamon, and serve.

Try using various types of ice cream - vanilla, cake-batter, apple pie, caramel swirl, cinnamon, or even pumpkin ice cream.

Share your favorite drink recipe.
Maybe it’s your favorite coffee concoction, a rich & thick milkshake, the perfect party punch, or a crazy cosmopolitan. Write a post on your blog and link to it below in Mr. Linky. Be sure to link back to this post in your blog so other readers can join in the fun.

3 comments:

JessieLeigh said...

That looks delicious and perfect for the season... looks like something to enjoy in front of a roaring fire after going for a hayride. : )

Ryann said...

jessieleigh- Thanks for participating. I'm glad this one looks delicious to you. Now I'm missing all the other fall activities like a roaring fire and a hayride. Hoping to do those things with Addy this year.

Tiffany said...

Those of us with great blog-style tastes should stick together. :)

I subscribed to your blog and hopefully will have something ready for Thirsty Thursdays. :)