Sep 21, 2008

Menu Plan Monday






Well, week 2 of my participation in MPM and I have to admit, I'm sort of embarrased to share. This upcoming week, Nick is going to be gone for two evenings, so I will probably enjoy not cooking and eat PB&J or cereal for dinner - gasp! I know, but who wants to cook for 1 while caring for a 17 month old alone? NOT ME!



Well, because of this and the fact that he probably won't be hungry when he arrives back into town from Baltimore on Thursday night, and the fact that we didn't end up eating our planned menu from last week, it makes for a short and uninteresting week to share, but nonetheless...



Sunday: Sausage & Rice Casserole, Green Beans, Rolls



Monday: Grilled Steak & Baked Potato (rolled over from last Thursday)



Tuesday: Cereal



Wednesday: PB&J



Thursday: Frozen Pizza (no laughing!)



Friday: Chicken Fajitas



Saturday: Boneless Pork Loin with Apples (crockpot) and Mashed Potatoes





Not too shabby, considering I only spent about $30 on groceries this week! I'm going to be doing some apple recipes because we took Addyson to the apple orchard on Saturday. It was her first time there and we had fun. It was so cool out that morning, so we dressed warm, but it ended up in the 80s, so we were uncomfortably HOT!

Take a peek into the lives of others by seeing what they're serving up this week over at Menu Plan Monday hosted by I'm an Organizing Junkie.

3 comments:

Frugal Finds said...

Don't be embarrassed! I would serve cereal and pb&j every night if I could!!

Anonymous said...

Hey I love an honest chef!
It's all about a good attitude in preparing food not just gourmet recipes.

Have a good week!

mub said...

Haha, I have pb sandwiches when my husband isn't home for dinner too!