Sep 11, 2008

Thirsty Thursday





I thought I'd start my own carnival or meme... whatever bloggers are calling it these days. I didn't find one that I loved for Thursday, so I'm making up my own. Until I figure out a Mr. Linky, please leave your responses in the comments.

So, what is Thirsty Thursday all about? It's a way to share and showcase your favorite drink recipes. Could be an alcoholic type drink, a coffee drink, a smoothie, a punch, or a milkshake... if you drink it, you can post it. Could be as simple as koolaid mixed with sprite or it could be your most decadent hot cocoa recipe. If you do post, please link back to this post so others can share in the fun!

Without further ado... here's my first contribution. It's great for girl's night in or dinner with a loved one.

Olive Garden Sangria

Ingredients:
1 1/2 liters Red Table Wine
10 ounces or 1 cup Grenadine
16 ounces or 2 cups Cranberry Juice Cocktail
12 ounces or 1 1/4 cups Sweet Vermouth
10 ounces or 1/2 cup Sugar Water (half water, half sugar)
Strawberries cut into thirds
Oranges, sliced and quartered
Crushed ice

Directions:
This makes one gallon. Mix all ingredients except for ice.
Refridgerate for 4 to 5 hours.
Pour wine in glass and then add ice.
Make sure there is fruit in every glass.

ENJOY!

3 comments:

JessieLeigh said...

Hmmm... so does this count toward my daily fruit/veggie requirement? That would rock! ; )

Ryann said...

I guess it depends on who you are asking jessieleigh! I would certainly count it, but I also count potato chips :)

Tara said...

Sangria is my Mom's favorite--I'll have to pass this along. Thanks for sharing.